For a Healthy, Soft and Crystal Clear Water
There are many parameters to take into account to treat your pool water in an efficient, non-aggressive and as respectful manner as possible.
Get help from a qualified professional
IMPORTANT: Water is a living organism. The treatment of swimming pool water is a more technical operation than one can imagine.
The balance and treatment of water affect users, especially young children. The skin, eyes, hair, and overall the health of the bather can be attacked by poor water balance.
The composition of the pool water can also affect the pool:
- The coating of the swimming pool: a treatment and therefore a water not suitable for its coating can irreversibly damage it.
- Pool equipment: imbalances caused by improper treatment or a water treatment equipment improperly installed can be serious. They damage metal parts such as the discharge nozzles in stainless steel, the axis and the beam of the shutters, the projectors, etc.
- Filtration and treatment materials: the use of products or processes that are not compatible with certain materials also cause premature wear or sudden equipment breakdown.
Why treat swimming pool water?
Swimming pool water is an environment particularly sensitive to the proliferation of microorganisms (algae, bacteria, fungi). It is therefore essential to filter and treat the pool water. Treatment can be preventative to prevent the proliferation of these microorganisms. It can be curative if the preventive treatment has not been done effectively.
Before thinking about water treatment, you have to think about prevention and balance:
The 3 golden rules to respect are:
- Good filtration: Good filtration stops impurities before they pollute the water.
- Regular maintenance: Cleaning the basin, the filter, the area around the pool and the skimmer baskets prevents deposits of impurities which, when degraded, form algae.
- Balanced water pH: Water with a pH below 7 is acidic and therefore aggressive for bathers. Water with a pH above 7.4 is alkaline: its imbalance greatly disrupts the action of disinfectants and promotes limestone deposits.
The pH of water varies according to many criteria. The origin of the water, its temperature, outdoor pollution, the surrounding vegetation but also the hygiene of bathers have an impact.
The balance of water also goes through other variables such as alkalinity and hardness. This water balance is materialized by a benchmark indicator: the Taylor balance.
Our advisers have the necessary training and equipment to diagnose imbalances in your water and provide you with all the advice and products you need. Thus, disinfection treatments will be effective and consumed in smaller quantities. A water analysis with usage recommendations is carried out on our analysis station from a pool water sample.
What treatment should you choose for your pool?
There are a wide range of ways to disinfect water:
The 3 main products used to disinfect swimming pool water are:
- Chlorine: Chlorine is the benchmark product for disinfecting swimming pool water. It exists in different forms such as pebbles, pastilles, sticks, granules or liquid. Many types of chlorine meet different needs: chlorine can be more or less concentrated. A pebble can have a single disinfection function or be multi-function.
- Bromine: Bromine is an oxidizing disinfectant and anti-algae pool product. It eliminates microbes, bacteria and algae. Bromine is an excellent alternative for people allergic to chlorine.
- Active oxygen: Active oxygen is a soft and comfortable product. It is a powerful anti-algae that leaves no residue and no by-product in the water. It has no odor, it is effective very quickly and is not dependent on the level of stabilizer in the water.
Automatic treatments for private family pools
There is a wide range of automatic treatments. Some have the ability to analyze water before treating it, which ensures that the need for the water matches its treatment. Some equipment offers a home automation function. It is important to be accompanied by a competent professional to properly choose your automatic processing equipment.
The main automatic disinfection equipment is:
Regulation by automatic injection of pH regulator and disinfectant
This process consists of analyzing the water and injecting the necessary products proportionally. There are regulators pH only, chlorine/pH, bromine/pH and oxygen/pH.
The chlorinator produces chlorine gas from salt water which disinfects the water. There is a very wide range of electrolysers and the choice will be dictated by numerous criteria: the coating of the basin, the volume of water to be treated, the existing filtration equipment, the space available in the technical room or even if you have an indoor pool or not.
Based on a production principle similar to electrolysis, the magnesium treatment produces a disinfectant from water loaded with salt and magnesium.
The UV lamp disinfects water and destroys germs and bacteria. This occasional disinfection during the passage of water in front of the UV lamp must be supplemented by the injection into the basin of a residual product such as active oxygen.
The treatment of the swimming pool with ozone consists in putting in contact by injection in a “contact chamber”, located in the technical room, the water of the swimming pool with a gas generated on the spot starting from the decomposition of the cell oxygen. Ozone is a powerful and fleeting disinfectant. This punctual disinfection, during the passage of water in the contact chamber, must be supplemented by the injection into the basin of a residual product such as active oxygen, a micro-dose of chlorine or bromine.
All treatment equipment is effective if it is of high quality and adapted to the needs and configuration of the pool. The advice of a qualified professional is important in choosing the right material that will give full satisfaction. He will also be able to inform you about the precautions for use and storage.
Automatic treatments for private collective pools
The treatment of collective swimming pools (hotels, campsites, thalassotherapy centers, etc.) must meet many criteria defined by different legislation.
A prior technical visit is required before proposing a treatment solution. Our state-certified technicians are able to establish a diagnosis in accordance with the situation, needs and regulations in force.
The Approach of Aquarêve
Our quality approach
- We are equipped with the best analysis systems to get the parameters of your water and establish the correct prescription.
- Our business expertise and our rigor in the selection of products and materials allows us to offer you suitable, highly reliable and long-lasting treatment equipment manufactured in Europe.
- Our technicians are continuously equipped and trained in the best preventive detection equipment. They ensure that all the parameters necessary for the proper installation of the equipment are respected.
- Our quality approach allows us to act quickly in the event of problems and to set up the necessary processes. We systematically report the dysfunctions encountered in the field. Our goal is to continually offer our customers quality products and equipment, sustainable and adapted to their needs. We install these products and equipment in the state of the art. We explain and maintain them in a completely transparent and professional manner.
Training of our teams and our customers
- Our technical teams and store advisers are trained to advise you well. They take into account all the criteria necessary for establishing a diagnosis.
- Our technicians are continuously trained and equipped with the best preventive detection equipment so that all the parameters necessary for the proper installation of equipment are respected.
- We particularly insist on the training of our customers in order to transmit understanding to the proper operation of the swimming pool.
Our CSR approach
Our CSR approach and our ecological transition have led us to identify the manufacturers who also subscribe to this approach. They guarantee a sustainable supply of wearing parts and spare parts for the equipment we sell and/or install. Finally, we promote products and equipment having the least possible impact on the environment.