For healthy, soft and crystal clear water
Many parameters must be taken into account in order to treat the water in your swimming pool in an efficient, non-aggressive and environmentally friendly way.
Get help from a qualified professional
CAUTION: Water is a living organism. The treatment of swimming pool water is a more technical operation than one can imagine at first sight.
The balance and the treatment of the water have an impact on the users and in particular on the young children. The skin, eyes, hair, and overall health of the bather can be damaged by bad water balance.
The composition of the pool water can also have an impact on the swimming pool:
- The pool lining: a treatment and therefore a water not adapted to a lining damages it irreversibly.
- The pool equipment: the imbalances caused by a badly adapted treatment or a badly installed water treatment equipment can be serious. They damage metal parts such as the stainless steel discharge nozzles, the axis and beam of the shutters, the projectors….
- Filtration and treatment equipment: the use of products or processes that are not compatible with certain equipment also causes premature wear or sudden breakdown of the equipment.
Why treat your pool water?
Swimming pool water is a particularly sensitive environment for the proliferation of micro-organisms (algae, bacteria, fungi). It is therefore essential to filter and treat the water in your pool. The treatment can be preventive to avoid the proliferation of these micro-organisms. It can be curative if the preventive treatment has not been done effectively.
Before thinking about water treatment, we must think about prevention and balance.
The 3 golden rules to respect are:
- Good filtration: Good filtration stops impurities before they pollute the water.
- Regular maintenance: Cleaning the pool, the filter, the pool’s surroundings and the skimmer baskets prevents the deposit of impurities which, as they degrade, will form algae.
- A balanced pH of the water: Water with a pH below 7 is acidic and therefore aggressive for bathers. Water with a pH higher than 7.4 is alkaline: its imbalance strongly disrupts the action of disinfectants and favors lime deposits.
The pH of the water varies according to many criteria. The origin of the water, its temperature, the external pollution, the surrounding vegetation but also the hygiene of the bathers have an incidence.
The water balance also includes other variables such as alkalinity and hardness. This water balance is materialized by a reference indicator: the Taylor balance.
Our consultants have the training and equipment necessary to diagnose the imbalances in your water and provide you with all the necessary advice and products. Thus, disinfection treatments will be effective and consumed in smaller quantities. A water analysis with recommendations for use is carried out on our analysis station from a pool water sample.
Which treatment to choose for your swimming pool?
There is a wide range of ways to disinfect water:
The 3 main products used to disinfect the water of your pool are:
- Chlorine: Chlorine is the reference product for disinfecting swimming pool water. It exists in different forms such as pebbles, tablets, sticks, granules or liquid. Many types of chlorine correspond to different needs: a chlorine can be more or less concentrated. A tablet can have a single disinfection function or be multi-functional.
- Bromine: Bromine is an oxidizing disinfectant and anti-algae pool product. It eliminates microbes, bacteria and algae. Bromine is an excellent alternative for people allergic to chlorine.
- Active oxygen: Active oxygen is a gentle and comfortable product. It is a powerful anti-algae agent that leaves no residue or by-products in the water. It has no odor, is effective very quickly and is not dependent on the level of stabilizer in the water.
Automatic treatments for private family pools
There is a wide range of automatic treatments. Some have the capacity to analyze the water before treating it, which guarantees the adequacy between the need of the water and its treatment. Some equipment offers a home automation function. It is important to work with a competent professional to choose the right automatic treatment equipment.
The main automatic disinfection equipment are :
Regulation by automatic injection of pH regulator and disinfectant
This process consists of analyzing the water and injecting the necessary products proportionally. There are pH only, chlorine/pH, bromine/pH and oxygen/pH regulators.
The chlorinator produces chlorine gas from salt water, which disinfects the water. There is a very wide range of chlorinators and the choice will be dictated by a large number of criteria: the lining of the pool, the volume of water to be treated, the existing filtration equipment, the space available in the technical room or even if you have a covered pool or not.
Based on a production principle similar to electrolysis, magnesium treatment produces a disinfectant from water containing salt and magnesium.
The UV lamp has a disinfecting effect on the water and destroys germs and bacteria. This punctual disinfection when the water passes in front of the UV lamp must be completed by the injection of a persistent product such as active oxygen into the pool.
The treatment of the pool with ozone consists in putting in contact, by injection in a “contact chamber”, located in the technical room, the water of the pool with a gas generated on site from the decomposition of the oxygen cell. Ozone is a powerful and ephemeral disinfectant.
This punctual disinfection, when the water passes through the contact chamber, must be completed by injecting into the pool a residual product such as active oxygen, a micro-dose of chlorine or bromine.
All treatment equipment is effective if it is of good quality and adapted to the needs and configuration of the pool. The advice of a qualified professional is important to choose the right equipment that will give full satisfaction. He will also be able to inform you on the precautions of use and storage.
Automatic treatments for private collective pools
The treatment of collective swimming pools (hotels, campings, thalassotherapy centers…) must meet many criteria defined by different legislations.
A preliminary technical visit is necessary before proposing a treatment solution. Our state-qualified technicians are able to establish a diagnosis in accordance with the situation, the needs and the regulations in force.
Our quality approach
- We are equipped with the best analysis systems to know the parameters of your water and establish the right prescription.
- Our expertise and our rigorous selection of products and materials allow us to offer you adapted, highly reliable, long-lasting treatment equipment made in Europe.
- Our technicians are continuously equipped and trained in the best preventive detection materials. They make sure that all the parameters necessary for the good installation of the equipment are respected.
- Our quality approach allows us to act quickly in case of problems and to set up the necessary processes. We systematically report any malfunctions encountered in the field. Our objective is to continually offer our customers quality products and equipment that are durable and adapted to their needs. We install these products and equipment according to the rules of the art. We explain and maintain them in a totally transparent and professional manner.
Training of our teams and our customers
- We train our technical teams and our store advisors to provide you with the best possible support. They take into account all the criteria necessary to establish a diagnosis.
- Our technicians are continuously trained and equipped with the best preventive detection materials in order to perfectly respect all the parameters necessary for the proper installation of the equipment.
- We particularly insist on training our customers in order to transmit the understanding to the good operation of the pool.
Our CSR approach
Our CSR approach and our ecological transition have led us to identify manufacturers who are also part of this approach. They guarantee a sustainable supply of spare parts for the equipment we sell and/or install. Finally, we favour products and equipment that have the least possible impact on the environment.