LOW-ENERGY SWIMMING pools
Ecological, Economical, Swimming Comfort
Aquarêve is one of the pioneers in the design and construction of low-energy swimming pools. Committed to an eco-responsible policy of its works and practices, Aquarêve is constantly looking for innovations in the evolution of its designs.
DISCOVER OUR CREATIONS
What are the specificities of a low-energy swimming pool?
The low-energy swimming pool is achieved through the implementation of a set of technical choices that allow to significantly reduce the needs of the pool in electricity, in water and in treatment product. This new pool design provides increased swimming comfort thanks to quieter filtration and heating equipment and more natural water.
A range of solutions can be implemented during the construction, the renovation of the swimming pool or over time as part of our “+ fun – impact, + greenness, – expense” program.
The objectives of a low-impact swimming pool
Less electric consumption
- Cover your pool
A covered swimming pool during non-use periods or simply at night, will allow substantial energy savings. The water will need to be less filtered as it will be less exposed to pollution. It will also need to be less heated because heat loss will be reduced and in case of use of a solar blanket, the heating can almost be removed.*
- Enjoy solar energy
Solar blankets, solar heating,… are two out of many solutions for an ecological and economical comfort.
- Install LED spotlights
Replacing incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs is a simple and effective gesture.*
- Design an optimized hydraulic network
This will reduce the pressure losses and therefore the consumption of the filtration pump. Aquarêve offers a network optimization study. This optimisation can be implemented during the construction or renovation of the swimming pool. It will provide operating comfort, energy savings and it will help extending the service life of equipment.* Learn more about it here.
- Use new technology variable speed filtration pumps
This new technology of variable speed pumps and permanent magnets, if dimensioned and implemented by qualified teams, allows to reduce electrical consumption by more than 50%.* Learn more about it here.
- Apply the correct filtration time
Some treatment systems, equipped with a temperature probe and a disinfectant rate analyzer, adjust the filtering operation time and speed to the needs of the pool.
- Choose a new technology heat pump
Heat pumps use the calories in the air to heat pool water. Inverter new technology variable speed heat pumps allows to adapt the pump power to the swimming pool’s needs. In economy mode, some pumps offer for a consumption of 1 calorie to restore up to 16*. Learn more about it here.
- Choose a shallow and isolated structure
Some constructive processes are more insulating than others. This criteria will be taken into account during the construction of the swimming pool. It is possible to reduce the pool’s volume during the renovation and to provide insulation solutions.
Less water consumption
- Simply obtain an improved filtration for less water discharge during filter washes, thanks to the replacement of sand by a efficient filter media such as the AFM*.
- Drastically reduce evaporation by covering the pool.
- Maintain a balanced water to avoid curative drains.
- Choose a secure automatic filling.
- Install a water meter dedicated to the swimming pool with warning in case of anomalies.
- Use a robot with impurities recovery system to reduce filter washes.
Less products consumption
- Install a high quality pump
Filtration is responsible for 80% of good quality water. Filtration allows to mechanically retain impurities, which avoids you to treat them chemically.
- Cover the pool
A covered pool is largely protected from pollution and outside plants.
- Deeply balance the water of the swimming pool
At least once a year, at the beginning of the season, have an in-depth analysis of the water pool done to control the basic parameters but also important elements such as alkali, whether or not there is copper, phosphates, stabilizer, … Aquarêve has an analysis station providing the set of these important criteria. This professional analysis is offered to our clients.
- Automatically regulate the treatment of the swimming pool
There is a wide range of equipment to automate the treatment of its pool. Many criteria can guide your choices : Aquarêve specialists are at your service to analyze your need and offer you the best solutions.
- Use quality products
A quality chlorine water or bromine treatment tablet will not leave any residual in the pool water. The products sold by Aquarêve are elaborated to respect your equipments and to guarantee an optimum result.
Recycling and circular waste economy
Beyond the consumption induced by the functioning of the pool, other criteria have to be considered when willing to reduce the impact of our swimming pools on the planet. Aquarêve has engaged itself into a CSR approach and into an ecological transition, which has brought us to take into account each of our actions by considering its impact, especially in terms of:
- Recycling empty cans by a certified organism. Learn more about it here.
- Recycling batteries, light bulbs,…
- Reuse of filter media.
- Dechlorination of washing or drain water to use it again (according to the treatments).
- Recycling of pool robots by reconditioning and having loan robots available for our customers.
- We primarily choose products manufactured in France or in Europe and we indicate products’ origin to our customers.
- We primarily choose suppliers engaged in a CSR approach
- Formation and implication of our teams in our CSR approach
* Aquarêve is PROPISCINES® certified and is affiliated with the L’Esprit Piscine professional network.
FPP members that are Propiscines® labeled are regularly trained and informed about energy savings and are committed to a sustainable development process. Moreover, they have signed a Propiscines® Commitment Charter.